What Drives Repeat Visitors To Your Site?
There can be zillions of reasons why your visitors return to your web site. One might be very interested in seeing your animated photo on your main page, but kidding aside I've gathered 12 elements that invites your visitors to repeat their visits.
1. High-Quality Content. We have all read that "Content Is The Thing" according to Michael Dean of Kittyfeet.com. We have not set-up our website to just fill-it with endless links of your favorites but we're there to discuss what can we contribute to the web. Fill it with regularly-updated quality content and they'll return asking for more.
2. Ease Of Use. We have all heard of "user-friendly" computers and softwares. Why not do the same to our web site. Provide a navigation bar that's easy (and fun) to use forgetting the fancy stuff.
3. Quick To Download. Assume your web site is going to be viewed by the oldest browser, slowest modem and limited number of palettes.
4. Updated Frequently. You have prepared high-quality content but the problem is you only update it once a year. Set a realistic goal first that at the least you'll bring new content to it once a month and then increase the frequency.
5. Rewards, Contest and Incentives. Make sure your visitors enjoy a very "rewarding" visit to your site and expect him to return or just remind him to get his prize, reward or a mention of his name in your monthly newsletter. He'll sure return. Contest is one great idea. Email me on this one and I'll give you the free code.
6. Favorite Brands. We all know zdnet.com is the site for free downloads, cnn.com for up-to-the-minute customizable news. Why not link to them? Do you know that zdnet.com offers link partnership? (I don't get money from this one, folks :-)) I know a site that just updates their visitors on what's happening to over 200 branded ezines and you know what visitors like it and return.
7. Cutting-edge Technology. We can't all compete with this category but I'm sure there are lots of software out there to simplify the task. So grab one!
8. Games. Online game sites are becoming famous nowadays. Visitors too need sometime to play online. Give what they need and they'll ask you for more.
9. Purchasing Capabilities. Web surfers also shop around and they're looking for convenience on how to do it. Be the first one to do it for them. Add a shopping cart of some sort to your web site and it would be better if you can accept credit cards online.
Couran Point Articles
Couran Point Books